Office Farewell

(Read out to sporting seniors and colleagues in BMC on my farewell)


Basking in the warmth of training,
Sips of coffee, slow-paced learning,
With two months to settle and learn,
I imagined it’s all gonna be fun.

I had finished Atrium Part 1 and begun Part 2;
I faintly knew what I was getting into.
I consoled myself, it's pointless to hurry into things;
A caterpillar deserves time before it takes wings.

Then a change happened --- teams were shuffled,
Some bagged cozy picks, some had their feathers ruffled,
That whole exercise, pulled me out of my burrow,
Now, leads would freely my precious time borrow.

Alas! Atrium part 2 is an unfinished tale;
Within a month my bandwidth was put on sale;
Of a sudden, to my lot fell addressing comments galore,
And a list of SMEs, whose tantrums I calmly bore.

Standing next to the SME’s seat,
Flashing a smile that could disarm a beast,
I prattled and probed and pleaded and prayed;
Weary I returned to the IDD camp, but the day was saved!

Like medicine taken on stomach empty and full,
The Lead had reports before and after work to pull;
The Lead said, ‘Nothing’s happened if it’s not in the report’,
Soon I am gonna challenge that in court.

Now I turn to our docs, please take it easy;
Some topics sparkle, some topics are hazy.
We know why a reader sees red, maybe vermilion,
And where the sensible stuff is only ten parts per million.

And why is the editor never one with the herd?
Why does she like our topics shaken and stirred?
Writers of BMC let’s write our manifesto,
And not let editors steal the show.

Evening calls taught me to observe my kid,
At the scream to mute, at her sobs to speed;
The other bad guy who talks more than I should,
Is that bloody dog in the neighbourhood.

And those long, recurring meetings that I liken to a sieve,
Through which productivity leaks, and yet we believe,
That meeting’s a healer, and manager, the redeemer,
I know, I couldn't get meaner!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fatal One-liners

To ChatGPT, or Not to ChatGPT

My Atheism