Deep, Very Deep!

You will be gone, 
Gone in the mortifying indifference, 
Gone without requiting my love, 
Gone, leaving violent memories. 

I shall return too, 
Return in the shame of disdain, 
Return with dry sobs, 
Return, carrying a dying twilight. 

There you go with inglorious pride,
I sneer my affection true, 
And vow it'll never ever, 
Pass from me hence. 

Now the anger smoulders inside, 
And anguish bursts in refrain: 
Do it unto another, 
Do it unto another. 

Donning an armour of make-believe, 
With the hidden sword of insult, 
And, a quiver of sweet allurements,
I am ready to avenge:

Stage the old sentiment, 
Trap the love victim, 
And, with all might and main, 
Thrust the indifference, the affront, 
Deep, very deep! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fatal One-liners

To ChatGPT, or Not to ChatGPT

My Atheism