The Irresistible Love

She left! Our reunion was at the mercy of a few hours, but it was not to be. My eyes are still running hither thither anxiously hoping against the reality that has struck me brutally. The anguish howls in my ears and my eyes stare into the nothingness that has filled the place. The barrenness of this place will prick me as long as I am here and I have to bear with it every moment of my stay here.

She kept asking me why I didn't stop her. She wanted the prayers of my heart to issue from my lips. I forbade from doing so, for lips spell commitment and it is something I cannot stick to now. I am torn between desiring and disowning; crushed between her overpowering love and the devotion of my first love; hung between the liberating love and the binding commitment.

Why does my heart reach out in love to her? Why does she beat with my heart? Why every spring of love invites me to bathe in its waters? Am I not cheating on my previous commitments?

Let the questions remain and let love remain too. Perhaps, the questions would bind me to the commitments and love would give me power to rise above them. I can't help missing her as much as I can't help the prick of my conscience. I do not want to part with her fond memories nor grow out of my maiden memories of first love. May God give me strength to face the guilt and to pass the love forward.
(264 words)

Comments

Unknown said…
Right decision taken by a kind mind that has remained true to its beliefs and responded understanding its limitations. This is one of the most difficult act to do and a task that is difficult for even the gurus of Philosophy.
Its like being true to yourself and not letting the other person getting affected because of youe grid of certain things.
Many of us are always painting the sweet dreams of being with a partner. These sweet dreams are woven thinking about what we want. However, do not happen (sometimes even a single percent) the way we want to because there is one more "individual" involved. This "individual" also has dreamed about sweet moments in its own way. When these two not match with each other, what follows is a tragic life. Either with lots of compromises or with end of the relationship.
It is a very difficult decision to stop this from happening, even though everything is uncertain. However, this is the right thing to do. I would thank and congratulate this great mind.
There are always three sides to a situation : Your, Mine and the Right side.
This story is an example of being on the Right side.
Anonymous said…
see left him with no love but she should remember that their is someone somewhere on the earth who still loves him but refrain him from further shocks and heart breaking moments. Is said that never fall in love, always rise in love. This fellow is true to his emotion and let it be burried in his heart and make a new beigning.
This silver sky is ready to embrase him to his ever shining horizon and give the vastness to his heart to make such episodes seem very small or useless.

Popular posts from this blog

Fatal One-liners

To ChatGPT, or Not to ChatGPT

My Atheism