Cover Letter to Google

If passion is what counts to make it into Google, then I am a monument of passion in the field of my interest. Going by the testimonials and the penchant for talent that Google speaks of, I decided not to exaggerate my professional flair over my personal talent. Google would be the best judge of my suitability for the role of technical writer when I am given an opportunity to prove it. My academic career speaks little of my passion for language. I did not fare well as an engineering student. But, all that I learnt was utilized in breaking the intellectual moulds that mind so often gets into when ideas stop flowing by or a homogeneity of ideas narrows its vision. I have a strong philosophical interest and my education just served to broaden my philosophical outlook. I resist overdose of facts, and, at the first cognizance of facts attesting truth, I stop pursuing them. I distinguish between curiosity, which is vain, and inquiry, which is fruitful. Language holds a special charm for me. I call it a science of meaningful expression. Deriving emotional value out of language is a connoisseur's delight. In my writings, interspersed over the years, I have been trying to harness this aspect of language. My blogs are an example of this. Working in a professional environment helped me bring precision to my writing. Technical writing made me keenly aware of the simple style of writing and I came full circle from long-winded constructions to appreciating simplicity. I owe a lot to the company I am currently working for. Working here, I felt that technology is the second miracle accomplished by man after God-realization. And, now, I wish to work with people who are pushing the technology frontier further ahead. My ardency is the most trusted reference I can provide. (304 words)

Comments

Divya Krishna said…
Hi, well, after reading this post, I was delighted to know that appreciation for simplicity is not that rare among intellectuals as I had assumed earlier. Language in itself is regarded as tool to aid in standardization of communication, and this process needs to grow on pillars of ease and simplicity to make it more effective. A case to point is when as child I had borne this delusion that writing attractive essays meant being extremely "linguistic" and it led to scampering through thesaurus and other aiding tools. However as I grew up, I realized that strong vocabulary is to generate explicit expressions and not to make a sentence flowery. I wonder if there are people who can learn from your experiences and be more logical in using language as means of communication than a weapon to prove their 'lingo' skills. You might have come across several situations when an argument between two people turns ugly, then the surrendering party in denying "defeat" uses English as a last resort. English in India has this terror effect that divides people between have and have not (fluency in spoken English), obviously the former is perceived as cultured and literate. Lastly I admire your candid expression of life's pickings that genuinely reflects your transformation into a sort after author. Kudos!

Popular posts from this blog

Fatal One-liners

To ChatGPT, or Not to ChatGPT

My Atheism