Say No To Regionalism

It came as a blow to my healthy efforts at wooing my female colleagues. Can you believe that for girls in my company a common nativity is a reason enough to make friends with guys and feel safe in their company? Why is beauty prejudiced? Let beauty know that it has no value in absence of a beholder. I think it is the fate of all girls to falter before they move in the right direction; to choose waywardness and mistake the call of my heart for somebody else's.

Nobody in the office has waited so earnestly for their arrival as I did. I broke the jinx hanging on our workplace as only a few months had elapsed after my arrival when some darling faces joined the company which was suffering the brunt of male population in the form of workplace dissatisfaction. With my coming, came the girls and the enthusiasm. And the first encounter with all of them was love at first sight. If only they gazed a little longer into my eyes they would see the overflowing love for them. But, they seem to take me as a pervert.

Just to catch a glimpse of them, on the pretext of grabbing a cup of coffee, I frequently walked past their cubicles. My commitment never slacked off even when not a single eye raised in acknowledging my presence. Too many cups of coffee caused acidity and deadlines at work tightened on me. I bore it all patiently till I witnessed this unreasonable fondness that girls had for guys who hailed from their hometown. The advantage of birthplace mitigated my advances. I was humbled by insipid guys whose only worry in the world is correcting bugs in the program. This is how things are: Gifts of heaven are given unasked to the undeserving and the prayers repeated over years by the competent remain unanswered!

The girls get to know of their boys by their surname and turn to them for help. Who can better cater to their needs than I can? Who could be more concerned for their well-being? And the undeserving rascals lunch with these girls while I eat my grub watching the girls joined at the hip to these guys.

Well, I am not the loser. It's the girls who are losing on a generous and loving heart. Will someone tell this to them that I am not a bad choice for friendship? To boys I say, "Only the brave deserves the fair." Respect this saying and, willingly or unwillingly, show them the right person. By doing this, you will have done your greatest duty as a friend. Thanks in advance!
(444 words)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I completly understand and agree with you Amit. Thats too bad for the chics here. Anyways...Why do we worry... What do we care...
payal singh said…
hey amit,

I suggest that the next time you pass by their cubicle..just approach them directly..
let them know that you are the right person!! .. :)

I guess its better than having cups of coffee waiting in anticipation!!

"Only the brave deserves the fair." .... wat say!!
Amit Durgapal said…
If I am assured of a warm reciprocation, I would certainly do the honours!

Popular posts from this blog

Fatal One-liners

To ChatGPT, or Not to ChatGPT

My Atheism